Saturday, February 22, 2020

Hi my friends,

        As I said in my last blog post I would update you guys on my thoughts for this project so far. And even though Amanda and I have not gone in depth I would like to discuss possible genres that we could use for our short film.


        When I first thought of a genre I instantly thought about horror, because I thought horror movies always have a very intense and suspenseful beginning to the film, so I thought it would be perfect for Amanda and I to be able to work with. But as I continued to think about this genre I came to a realization that Amanda and I will not have access to the techniques needed in order to create a short film with the genre horror. Horror films often are very professional with the type of lighting used for these films, and I feel as if Amanda and I do not have any experience with this to make it look as professional as possible. And for the most part horror films include a lot go blood, and some kind of scary creature and I felt that Amanda and I have no talent with make up or costume design so I felt that it would not be a good genre for us. Overall I feel that we don't have the materials needed along with the budget to do so.


        As I keep brainstorming I have come to the idea that Amanda and I should go towards the Romance genre, because we both are young, and many young audiences love romance. With Romance films as well there is not much costume design or any intense lighting in order to make your film ROMANTIC. There can be romance in the smallest things possible and I feel that when Amanda and I continue to brainstorm ideas we can come up with something extremely unique,creative, and intense with this genre. And even though nothing is forsake yet I will of course keep all of you updated as I continue to blog through out this project. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment